The language of business reporting is changing, and those who don’t learn it are sure to be left behind. XBRL Extensible Business Reporting Language is the next-generation language after HTML. Familiarize yourself with XBRL and its applications, and learn how this equivalent of a UPC code, which tells computers how to display text, is reshaping the way business information is reported.
A practical understanding of XBRL will help participants prepare themselves and their organizations for the SEC-mandated use of XBRL. Gain a solid foundational knowledge of this new language and explore the resources and tools that will ensure continued expertise even as XBRLs place in the business reporting world continues to evolve. At the conclusion of this session you will be able to:
- Define XBRL.
- Summarize the principles behind interactive data aka XBRL.
- Summarize the benefits and uses of XBRL.
- Identify the requirements established by the SEC for providing financial data using XBRL.
- Summarize the steps taken to evaluate XBRL files.
- Identify the audit implications of XBRL.
- Identify how to keep up with XBRL development and resources.
There are no reviews yet.