This course will be an overview of:
This is part 1 of a two part course that will take a look at how to effectively use Root Cause Analysis (RCA). We will dive into understanding why events occur and how to develop effective recommendations to prevent recurrence of negative outcomes and promote recurrence of positive ones. The course will also cover how Internal Auditors can use RCA.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Differentiate between problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Implement the steps for carrying out effective root cause analysis (RCA).
- Be able to select from and apply a variety of tools that support root cause analysis.
- Recognize when to utilize RCA in Internal Audit.
- Determine where, when and how to apply root cause analysis techniques.
- Learn how to complete root cause analysis using the most common methods that are used in auditing.
- Using the appropriate RCA investigative tools, identify the root cause.
- Recognize common barriers to root cause analysis and apply techniques to overcome those barriers.
There are no reviews yet.