This course will be an overview of:
- Types of presentations and speeches that accountants may be called upon to make, including best practices for researching, planning, and preparing presentations;
techniques to handle distractions, unexpected problems, and nervousness; and effective methods of sharing information in presentations, especially financial or accounting data
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Plan a speech or presentation.
- Identify methods to prepare and research speech or presentation topics.
- Identify techniques to deliver a presentation or speech clearly and cogently to a wide range of audiences.
- Recognize techniques to manage distractions, nervousness, and other factors that can distract from presentations.
- Identify methods to incorporate a wide range of visual aids into a presentation to appeal to multiple learning styles among audience members.