This course will be an overview of:
- How to motivate today’s workers.
- The art of psychology and determine why people act as they do.
- How the most successful organizations try new and different ways of motivation.
- How to negotiate with others about change.
- How to implement certain things about ourselves that will cause that change.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify old and the new-style methods of motivating employees including money, compensation systems, autonomy, mastery, and relevance.
- Recognize new leadership techniques, positions, and methods of problem solving.
- Calculate employee happiness using bench-marking to determine the most effective motivators.
- Differentiate between power negotiation and common goal negotiation.
- Apply management techniques to future personal and professional goals.