This course will be an overview of:
- Looking beyond the financial statements reported in SEC filings to analysis provided by horizontal, vertical, and ratio analysis.
- Comparing company performance to appropriate competitors in similar classifications.
- Using benchmarks to evaluate trends indicated in financial results and compare to managements discussion of this information in the MDA.
- Calculating key liquidity, leverage, profitability, and efficiency ratios and conducting cash flow analysis.
- A case study of fundamental and technical analysis using Starbucks FY2018 annual report as an example.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define and review fundamental versus technical analysis.
- Recognize how to apply horizontal, vertical, and ratio analysis to financial statements.
- Identify positive and negative trends and use the MDA of the annual report to better understand the reasons behind them from managements perspective.
- Identify sources of key competitive benchmarks.
- Describe various types of ratios, with a focus on key liquidity, leverage, profitability, and efficiency ratios.
- Conduct cash flow analysis.
There are no reviews yet.