This course will be an overview of:
- The existence of fraud and the circumstances that support the need for investigations.
- The elements of fraud investigation and inquiry.
- Fraud investigation approaches, methods, and techniques.
- The importance of physical and electronic evidence used in fraud investigations.
- Potential vulnerabilities and risk factors of fraud investigation.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define fraud, fraud investigation, and the need for inquiry.
- Describe the elements of fraud and the different approaches to fraud investigation.
- Identify different fraud investigation methods and techniques.
- Recognize the importance of physical and electronic evidence in an investigation.
- Define vulnerability and the importance of a vulnerability chart.