This course will be an overview of:
- How unethical behavior can ruin careers, bring debilitating fines to companies, and lead to prison terms for executives and others.
- How regulation and compliance influence the standards and expectations for ethical behavior.
- How a sound understanding of ethical theory may help in identifying unethical employees or fraudulent behavior.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Recognize ethical dilemmas, violations, and consequences.
- Identify organizations that influence ethical standards and expectations.
- Recognize the role of regulations, policies, and standards in business ethics.
- Describe the foundational theory of ethics.
- Recognize signs of employee and financial reporting fraud.