This course will be an overview of:
- The controllers responsibilities in regard to IT systems and internal controls.
- Differences in the controllers responsibility in designing, implementing, and maintaining effective internal controls based on the size of the company and the management personnel available.
- A review of the principles and framework provided by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) on enterprise risk management and internal controls.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the responsibilities of the controller in the area of information technology.
- Recognize the risk management and internal control concerns of the controller.
- Identify the different management team members involved in developing, implementing, and maintaining effective controls.
- Apply COSO principles in managing risk.
Identify the controllers involvement in aligning a firms strategies with its internal reporting system.
There are no reviews yet.