This course will be an overview of:
- The process for making capital investment decisions and creating capital budgets.
- Types of risks inherent in the capital investment process.
- Strategies for incorporating risk analysis into the capital investment decision-making process.
- Ways companies in technology and manufacturing sectors continue to make capital investment decisions, despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define capital investment, capital expenditures, and capital budgeting.
- Recognize the capital budgeting process in a corporate setting.
- Identify types of risks involved in making capital investments.
- Apply risk analysis strategies to the decision-making process.
- Recognize the current capital investment landscape, particularly due to the COVID-19 pandemic.