This course will be an overview of:
- Some of the concepts discussed in the Business Restructuring: Part 1, including a discussion of contract termination costs in an exit and disposal activity.
- The guidance for accounting and reporting a discontinued operation of an entity.
- How and when an entity shall de-consolidate a subsidiary or a variable interest entity.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Highlight the business restructuring concepts discussed in Part 1 of this course and expand the discussion of contract termination costs.
- Gain insights into the financial accounting and reporting for the presentation of discontinued operations.
- Highlight the accounting guidance for the de-consolidation of subsidiaries and variable interest entities.