This course will be an overview of:
- The legal standard for expert witness testimony, including statutory and case law.
- The types of matters on which a CPA expert witness may provide testimony.
- Which qualifications an expert witness must possess.
- The preparation that is required of an expert witness.
- Other considerations for expert witnesses.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define expert witness.
- Identify the reasons to consider becoming an expert witness.
- Describe how to prepare for expert witness testimony.
- Identify the range of matters on which accountants are asked to provide expert witness testimony.
- Recognize other issues that expert witnesses should consider.