Comprehensive review of the quality control (QC) standards with an emphasis on tailoring a QC system for your firm’s accounting and auditing practice. Create an environment focused on quality and continuous improvement through QC monitoring.
Accounting firm’s system of quality control (Part 1)
This course provides a comprehensive review of the quality control (QC) standards and emphasizes the following:
- Tailoring a QC system for your firms accounting and auditing practice that is appropriate and effective.
- Creating an environment focused on quality and continuous improvement through QC monitoring.
- Policies and procedures for each of the six elements of a QC system (QCPP).
- Getting beyond mere complianceto improve audit quality and increase profitability.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of a firm environment that is focused on quality Recognize the overarching objectives of the quality control (QC) standard.
- Recall the six elements of a QC system.
- Identify the required policies and procedures that support the objectives of the six QC elements.
- Select the types of controls most likely to help a firm meet the objective for each element of QC.
- Differentiate the types of controls needed in smaller versus larger firms.
Accounting, Auditing, Finance